iRest – Integrative Restoration Yoga Nidra for Deep Relaxation ~ Available Now!
Now is your chance to learn about iRest Yoga Nidra from the comfort of your own home!
Visit https://www.thegreatcourses.com/iRest to learn more and to register for this course!
We spend so much of our lives obsessing over everything that’s changing or that needs fixing. How can you stay connected to your inner peace despite something as commonplace as workplace stress or as life-altering as post-traumatic stress disorder? More important: How can you achieve this goal in a way that’s easy to integrate into your already-demanding day?
Enter the form of secular, research-based mindfulness known as Integrative Restoration (or iRest®), whose roots go back more than 2,000 years to an ancient form of meditation called yoga nidra (Sanskrit for “yoga of sleep”). Unlike many forms of meditation, the benefits of iRest® are grounded with legitimate research and have been validated through significant evidence. It has proven so effective that the U.S. military uses it extensively.
From the first class on, you’ll be introduced to the science behind why and how this practice is effective for addressing challenges including insomnia, trauma, stress, pain, and more. This guided meditation practice has helped special operations troops improve their resiliency, executives manage stress, cancer patients cope with pain, and trauma survivors experience safety and healing.
Through the techniques of iRest®, you can start your journey toward inner peace not as some lofty idea but as a first-hand experience. This form of meditation:
- teaches you to live from a place where positive thoughts, words, and deeds arise naturally,
- uncovers a way of living where every moment is paired with its perfect response, and
- empowers you to stay connected to a state of awareness despite life’s challenges.
Learn the Steps to Inner Peace
While some forms of meditation require you to shut out the world around you, iRest® practice gives you the opportunity to be proactive with your physical sensations, emotions, and thoughts. It allows you to treat them as messengers informing you of what wants to be seen and heard inside of yourself and in the world.
At the heart of iRest® is a focus on the 10 steps of yoga nidra adapted by clinical psychologist and yogic scholar Richard Miller. These 10 steps are the backbone of Ms. Birkholm’s course, and they provide you with a comprehensive and comfortable path through the entire meditation process.
An Empowered (and Empowering) Experience
In this course you’re going to learn:
- The 10 key steps involved in a successful iRest Yoga Nidra practice session.
- How to welcome painful emotions and feelings instead of fighting them.
- How to use the practice of iRest Yoga Nidra to help with stress, pain relief, and achieving better sleep.
- How to practice different breathing methods as a way to influence your meditation practice.
- An opportunity to work on achieving an inner peace in which all sense of self dissolves.
This course includes 24 classes — 12 lectures and 12 practices — that you can do at your own pace. They’re available as video downloads, audio downloads and in DVD and CD format! You can also download the course guidebook to further enhance your learning and use it to follow along with the rest of the course!
To sign up for this course today, visit https://www.thegreatcourses.com/iRest
Building Your Resilience: Finding Meaning in Adversity ~ Available Now!
Now is your chance to learn about how to increase your resilience from the comfort of your own home!
Visit https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/building-your-resilience-finding-meaning-in-adversity.html to learn more and to register for this course!
Recent research shows that we grow into our best and most joyful selves not when we avoid our problems but when we embrace them, confident that we are resilient enough to work through them to an appropriate resolution. Our problems are an important part of our path.
Resilience is our ability to physically, emotionally, and mentally bounce back from adverse circumstances. Without it, we would be down for the count every time we ran into a problem. Stuck in traffic and late for a meeting? It’s your resilience that allows you to make the necessary phone calls and keep moving forward, confident that you can handle this stressful situation as it evolves. Without it, you’d make a U-turn and give up. Recovering from the flu or recent surgery? It’s your resilience that helps you take care of yourself appropriately and look forward to a better future. Our capacity to thrive in life depends directly on our resilience.
In Building Your Resilience: Finding Meaning in Adversity, you’ll learn how all of our challenges—from everyday stresses to life-altering traumas—can bring wisdom and growth. In 17 fascinating classes and 7 “hands-on” practice sessions, you’ll learn about and experience the process of building the inner calm and clarity of mind that create greater resilience.
You will learn how to use and strengthen each of the eight themes of resilience, such as:
- Your core values and purpose: the fundamental principles you base your life on and turn to for strength;
- Finding meaning in adversity: moving from a victim mentality to a new paradigm of post-traumatic growth;
- Equanimity: keeping your mind calm, even during challenging situations;
- Self-care: maintaining your energy reserves by taking care of your physical, emotional, and mental needs;
- Healthy coping skills: building your personal bank of coping skills such as humor, gratitude, deep breathing, good friends;
- Positive sense of self: learning to build your inner authentic identity;
- Support and connection with others: knowing you have a supportive group of people to connect to whether times are easier or more challenging; and
- A proactive worldview: knowing you always have the power to choose how to respond to events around you.
You’ll not only learn about the components and importance of resilience, however, but you will also work hands-on to increase your own resilience with several classes devoted exclusively to guided practices, including:
- Active and relaxing yoga poses to help you more clearly observe sensations of tension and release in your physical body, your feelings, and beliefs;
- Yoga nidra to find safety deep within yourself;
- Breath work to use your breath to calm your mind;
- Techniques to promote sleep to maintain a healthy body and mind;
- Mindfulness to observe the experience of your entire body and mind exactly as they are, without judgment; and
- Evoking the relaxation response to trigger your body’s built-in relaxation response through the parasympathetic nervous system.
This course includes 24 classes — 16 lectures and 8 practices — that you can do at your own pace. They’re available as video downloads, audio downloads and in DVD and CD format! You can also download the course guidebook to further enhance your learning and use it to follow along with the rest of the course!
To sign up for this course today, visit https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/building-your-resilience-finding-meaning-in-adversity.html