Share the practice of deep relaxation to help with everyday challenges.
Yoga Nidra is a guided form of meditation that is easy to learn, practice, and share with other people. This training course is designed to give you the experiential, philosophical, theoretical, and spiritual understanding of Yoga Nidra that you can use for your own personal healing practice or with clients and students.
Discover how to experience peace and equanimity amidst all of life’s unique challenges. In this training, you will:
- Learn how to lead Yoga Nidra guided meditation practices
- Experience how the koshas (Sanskrit for ‘veils’ or ‘layers of consciousness’) create the structure of a Yoga Nidra practice
- Discover how Yoga Nidra can be a pathway to explore both what is present in your body and mind, as well as deep states of meditation
- Experience how you can use the practice of Yoga Nidra to work with challenging emotions and beliefs
- Explore the spiritual and philosophical roots of Yoga Nidra
- Learn what the clinical research reveals about how Yoga Nidra, mindfulness, and meditation practices affect the body and mind
- Gain an understanding of how to share Yoga Nidra for trauma, anxiety, sleep, pain relief, and other unique applications and populations
- Explore how to live Yoga Nidra throughout your day-to-day life.
This training is open to everyone, and may be of particular interest to therapists, mental-health practitioners, teachers, yogis, body workers, and health-care providers.
Please note A 12% Bahamian VAT tax will be added.
Total cost depends on your choice of accommodations and includes all sessions of your course/cleanse/training, meals, yoga classes, satsangs, as well as access to our beautiful beach and the ashram grounds and amenities. (Depending on your schedule, you may also attend optional mid-day Yoga Vacation workshops offered during your stay.)
Stay a little longer. If your schedule allows, consider staying for 2 to 5 days of Yoga Vacation before or after your course to fully integrate your experience. You will enjoy all that the ashram has to offer — healthy meals, yoga classes, meditation, spiritual practice, opportunities for relaxation, community talks, teachings, and performances — as well as optional daily workshops on topics of yoga, health, and spiritual inspiration.
Our housing options are designed for a range of budgets and personal needs and vary from self-pitched tents to luxurious beachfront suites to comfortable cabins. All of our accommodations are welcoming and simple, and the diverse spectrum allows you to relax and enjoy your time with us at the ashram.
- Accommodation rates are all-inclusive for our Yoga Vacation Program.
- Courses, cleanses, and trainings have an additional tuition.
- Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Course rates are all-inclusive.
- Minimum 2-night stay year-round.
Payments We accept Visa and MasterCard. We do not accept American Express, Discover, personal checks, or travelers checks. All deposits and payments in US dollars only.
Deposits To guarantee your reservation, a $300 deposit is required. The balance is due at least 14 days before your arrival; we will send you an email reminder a week before we process the balance.
Molly Birkholm is a Sivananda Yoga teacher, iRest Yoga Nidra and meditation teacher trainer, and trauma educator. She is the co-founder of Warriors at Ease and has helped pioneer evidence-based trauma-sensitive yoga and meditation programs for PTSD in the military and other communities affected by trauma, including human trafficking survivors and homeless communities.
Also a professional speaker, consultant, and writer, Molly’s stress management programs, resilience training, and trauma treatment programs are used by leaders and top organizations around the world, including the US Department of Defense, McKinsey & Company, and the Young Presidents’ Organization. Molly teaches yoga-based trainings and retreats around the world, as well as online on The Great Courses and as the host of the Women’s Empowerment Initiative on Yoga International.