iRest Yoga Nidra has been developed over the past thirty years by Richard Miller, PhD, a clinical psychologist, author, researcher and yogic scholar, and is uniquely suitable for a Western audience. Extensive research has shown that iRest effectively supports the healing process across a broad range of populations. Currently, there are iRest programs in military hospitals across the U.S., as well as in correctional facilities, hospices, clinics, schools, and organizations supporting personal growth and well-being. In June of 2010, iRest was endorsed by the US Army Surgeon General and Defense Centers of Excellence as a complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
To register for this course, please visit the Guiding Wellness Institute website.
Friday, November 2, 2018;
Registration 5PM-6PM / Class – 6PM-8:30PM
Saturday, November 3, 2018 – Class 8:15AM-6PM
Sunday, November 4, 2018 – Class 8:30AM-6PM
Monday, November 5, 2018 – Class 8:30AM-6PM
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 – Class 8:30AM-6PM
Tuition: $1495 Earlybird/ $1595 Regular
(Includes a comprehensive manual and a level 1 training audio download.)
In this Level 1 Training, you will learn:
- The core principles and practice of iRest meditation.
- How to use iRest for your personal practice.
- How to teach and deliver iRest simply yet effectively in group and individual settings.
Following the Level 1 Training, you will:
- Join a global community of teachers teaching iRest in yoga studios, sleep clinics, rehabilitation and healthcare facilities, hospice, prisons, universities, schools, as well as in private practice.
- Be able to list yourself on the IRI website as a Level 1 Teacher in Training.
- Be able to access our “Teacher Resources” and our “Teachers Community Network” for further personal and professional support.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to receive a certificate of attendance designating you as a Level I Teacher-in-Training you must arrive on time every day and attend all training sessions.
The iRest Level I Training introduces you to the historical context and path of meditation in which iRest is embedded and provides you with an:
- Understanding of Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual perspectives that form the path of meditation and iRest.
- Understanding of the evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest and its use with different psycho-physical issues and populations.
- Understanding of iRest within the context of meditation.
- Understanding of the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues and ethical considerations.
- Teaches you the Ten Steps of iRest.
- Introduces and teaches you to use iRest for your personal practice.
- Teaches you how to teach iRest to groups and individuals in order to provide simple yet highly effective delivery of iRest in group and individual settings.
- Provides you the opportunity to participate in group lectures and peer discussion groups.
- Provides you the opportunity to receive and participate in multiple iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions.
Level I iRest Attendees are eligible to:
- Use the designation “Teacher-in-Training Level I” in advertising and promotional materials, and when delivering iRest in public and professional settings. Those not intending to continue to Certification, may describe their teaching as “influenced by the iRest protocol and the teachings of Richard Miller and the Integrative Restoration Institute.”
- Be listed on the IRI website as a having attended the Integrative Restoration Institute’s iRest Level I Training.
- Post your personal profile on the IRI website, listing yourself as “Attended Level I iRest Training.” This posting will allow people who are seeking iRest group or individual sessions in their local area to find your name and view your qualifications as a provider of these sessions.
- Audit Level I Trainings at reduced rates.
- Utilize private mentoring from IRI Certified Mentors (additional fees apply).
- Access the valuable “iRest Teacher’s Resource Webpage” to download iRest teaching materials and professionally designed promotional brochures, flyers, and more!
- Join the iRest “Teacher’s Community Network” (TCN) (additional fees apply).
Click here to visit the Guiding Wellness Website to register and learn more.
It’s remarkable how life’s biggest challenges often pave a direct path to understanding life’s deeper meanings. Rather than accepting victimization, the possibility exists to rise above adversity and create momentous change. Yoga acts as both a catalyst and healing agent in this way — it holds the potential to help you shine light on your darkest moments, giving you the courage to move through them toward profound purpose.
Yoga, meditation, service, and community are some of the most effective tools that bring the empowerment needed to transform a traumatic experience. Wisdom rarely emerges in spite of difficulty, but rather because of it … and when integrated with yoga, that wisdom is more deeply understood.
Learn the ways that yoga has successfully saved lives — how it has transformed the experiences of human trafficking survivors, veterans, prisoners, and others who have undergone immense trauma. Get inspired by the stories of those who have survived life’s greatest challenges … and how they went on to become changemakers in society.
Offered as 1 satsang and 1 workshop (subject to change)
Please visit the Sivananda Ashram website for more information and to register for this event!
Trauma and anxiety pervade modern life, causing major public health concerns within society.
Cutting-edge clinical research can now confirm what yogis have known for thousands of years — that yoga and meditation regulate the nervous system, releasing tension and trauma from the body and mind. Especially today, these are crucial practices to know how to use … and teach!
Designed to give you a direct experience of the healing potential within these practices, this certificate course is both experiential and educational, intended for yoga teachers, healthcare workers, and interested souls. By experiencing these teachings firsthand and understanding the “why” behind them, you’ll be better equipped to integrate them into your personal and professional life.
Course topics include:
- How to create a safe and nurturing trauma-sensitive yoga practice using evidence-based methodologies
- Yoga Nidra guided mindfulness meditations for insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety, and depression
- The modern clinical research behind these ancient techniques, showing how they heal trauma
- Healing practices in breath, visualization, sound, movement, and mindfulness
- Resilience, empowerment, and and post-traumatic growth
- Building a self-care plan to integrate these life-changing practices into daily life
To learn more and register for this course, please visit the Sivananda Ashram website.