Trauma and anxiety pervade modern life, causing major public health concerns within society.
Cutting-edge clinical research can now confirm what yogis have known for thousands of years — that yoga and meditation regulate the nervous system, releasing tension and trauma from the body and mind. Especially today, these are crucial practices to know how to use … and teach!
Designed to give you a direct experience of the healing potential within these practices, this certificate course is both experiential and educational, intended for yoga teachers, healthcare workers, and interested souls. By experiencing these teachings firsthand and understanding the “why” behind them, you’ll be better equipped to integrate them into your personal and professional life.
Course topics include:
- How to create a safe and nurturing trauma-sensitive yoga practice using evidence-based methodologies
- Using & teaching Yoga Nidra guided mindfulness meditations for insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety, and depression
- The modern clinical research behind these ancient techniques, showing how they heal trauma
- Healing practices in breath, visualization, sound, movement, and mindfulness
- Resilience, empowerment, and and post-traumatic growth
- Building a self-care plan to integrate these life-changing practices into daily life
Upcoming Training Dates
April 11-16: Sivananda Yoga Retreat, Paradise Island, Bahamas
To learn more, click the button below!
June 22-27: Chateau du Yoga, Orleans, France (English & French)
June 29-July 4: Sivananda Yoga Retreat House Tyrol, Austria (English & German)
August 16-23: Yoga Ranch, Woodbourne, New York