Gather to celebrate and explore yoga nidra with teachers from Satyananda Yoga Nidra, I AM Yoga NidraTM, Total Yoga Nidra, and iRest® Yoga Nidra. Together, we recognize and honor the roots of these teachings and establish a yoga nidra “family tree” that strengthens our community and reveals our united purpose.
Through experiential teachings and deep understanding, this first-of-its-kind conference offers an opportunity to
- Interact with a global community of yoga nidra practitioners
- Experience deep restoration, integration, intention, and creativity as you explore your essential nature and truth
- Learn more about the science behind the healing power of yoga nidra
- Discover new ways to carry these ancient teachings into everyday life.
Take time to connect, collaborate, and deepen your understanding of yoga nidra in order to transform and heal our world.
Richard Miller, PhD
Stephanie Lopez, LISW-S, C-IAYT
Swami Shankardev Saraswati, MD
Swami Atmarupa Saraswati, E-RYT 500, RPYT, RCYT, YACEP
Kamini Desai, PhD
John Vosler, E-RYT 500
Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, PhD, YTh Dip, C-IAYT
Dr. June Henry, C-IAYT
Jennifer Reis, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, LMT
Visit the Kripalu website to learn more and register today!
iRest is a proven approach to overcome trauma and promote well-being using meditation and deep relaxation techniques. This training will allow you to incorporate the simple 10-step iRest protocol into your personal life, professional teaching or clinical practice. It’s dynamic, interactive and experiential.
Training Includes: Comprehensive manual and Level 1 Training audio download.
CEUs: Approximately 30 CE hours* will be available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN, Yoga Alliance and IAYT. (see below for details)
RESIDENTIAL & COMMUTER OPTIONS AT THE CENACLE
- Double and single-occupancy overnight accommodations are available on campus including all meals. Contact host if interested in additional nights before or after the training.
- Commuter includes lunch and dinner (no alternative options)
- See below for more information about the Cenacle Retreat Center
Click here for all options for transport and parking.
LEVEL 1 TRAINING DESCRIPTION
Developed over 30 years by Richard Miller PhD, iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation supports psychological, physical and spiritual health, healing and awakening.
HOW IT WORKS
iRest is an accessible and easy to use meditation protocol that is integrative, as it heals unresolved issues and traumas, and restorative, as it aids practitioners in recognizing their innate wholeness and underlying peace of mind that is always present amidst all changing circumstances in life.
Research has shown that iRest effectively supports health and healing across a broad range of populations, including those experiencing PTSD, chronic pain, sleep issues, high stress, depression, and anxiety.
“I use iRest to manage the daily pain caused by migraines and to find peace in the midst of stress and anxiety.”
– Nicole, Working Parent
In this Level 1 Training, you will learn:
- The core principles and practice of iRest meditation.
- How to use iRest for your personal practice.
- How to teach and deliver iRest simply, and effectively in group and individual settings.
Following the Level 1 Training, you will:
- Join a global community of practitioners who are teaching iRest in yoga studios, sleep clinics, rehabilitation and healthcare facilities, hospitals, hospice, prisons, universities, schools, as well as in private practice.
- Be able to list yourself on the IRI website as a Level 1 Teacher.
- Be able to access our “Teacher Resources” and our “Teachers Community Network (TCN)” for further personal and professional support.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to receive a certificate of attendance designating you as a Level 1 Teacher you must arrive on time every day and attend all training sessions.
Registration: Tuesday, September 3, 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- Welcoming dinner: 5:30 pm & Evening Program: 7:00-9:00 pm
- Wednesday – Saturday: 8:30 am-6:00 pm program with 12:30-2:00 pm lunch
- Training concludes on Sunday, Sept. 8 with 12:30 pm lunch.
To find out more about the iRest Institute, please visit irest.org.
REQUIRED reading and listening:
Richard Miller, Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing (book with audio CD).
RECOMMENDED reading and listening:
iRest Program for Healing PTSD – Book
iRest Meditation: Restorative Practices for Health, Resiliency, and Well-Being (6CD Set)
Integrative Restoration—iRest: The Principles and Practice of Yoga Nidra (6CD Set)
iRest at Ease with Richard Miller (CD or Mp3) or iRest at Ease with Kelly Boys (CD or Mp3)
Resting in Stillness (CD or Mp3)
CEUs: Approximately 30 CE hours* will be available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN, Yoga Alliance and IAYT
To learn more about this training and register for it, please click here: https://bit.ly/2THVxWR